To proceed with your online Application to Construct a Domestic/Light Duty Vehicular Access (Footway/Verge Crossing) you must have first read the guidance document Vehicle Access Crossing: - Guidance. (please tick) *
If you are a tenant or leaseholder you must provide written consent from the property owner that the works may be undertaken. A copy of the consent can be uploaded into the form.
To complete this form you will need to provide the following information which can be uploaded into the form:-
A detailed sketch/plan or photograph(s) showing the layout and position of the proposed access including all dimensions. Show lamp columns, manholes, watercourses and other similar obstructions on the sketch/plan/photograph(s). If porous material is not being used show appropriate proposed drainage system.
The diagram below shows a typical layout for a vehicle crossing, as viewed from above your house dimensions a to f need to be shown on your sketch/plan/photograph(s) of the proposed access and parking area.
- Distance from the house to the public footpath (front garden length) must be a minimum of 4.8 metres or 6 metres if parking area is in front of a garage or door
- Distance from the far left of the property to the upper left corner of the crossing (length of your front left fence, if you have one)
- Width of the upper part of the crossing (normally 2.75 metres)
- Distance from the upper right corner of the crossing to the far right of the property (length of your front right fence, if you have one)
- Width of the lower part of the crossing (normally 3.66 metres)
- Width of verge / footway
Please note that you should not arrange for work to be carried out on your property in anticipation of permission being granted for a vehicle crossover. Work should only commence upon receiving written approval.